We are entrepreneurial partners of the management with whom we realize visions and increase value.
Our substantial business and financial network supports us in the acquisition of investment opportunities and can also be utilized by our portfolio companies.
Founded in 2001, CornerstoneCapital has successfully invested in 25 companies. We are currently investing out of Fund III with a volume of € 100 million. In addition, CornerstoneCapital manages investments from Fund II.
Experienced management team with more than 45 years of experience
More than 25 successful transactions
Currently investing out of third Fund with a volume of € 100 million
18 add-on acquisitions
CornerstoneCapital supports a soup kitchen in Frankfurt.
We support our portfolio companies and their management in achieving their visions and strategic goals
We invest in successful management teams based on trust, cooperation and speed. Our transactions are characterized by flexible structures and great personal commitment.
- Entrepreneurial thinking – As management sparring partners, we provide external impulses for strategic options
- Focus on strategic issues – we do not get involved into day-to-day operations
- Access to our network – We support with our network, for example, in acquisitions or financing
Flexible Partner for a defined time
- Tailor made transactions – our fund structure allows us to flexibly address the interests of companies, vendors and management teams
- Flexible investment horizon – the duration of our engagement can be adjusted individually; longer holding periods possible
- Personal engagement of the partners – We invest private resources and time in each of our companies
We typically take majority holdings in our investments but also take – especially in growth situations – minority positions.
We support management teams in investing in “their” company as part of corporate transactions and to participate together with us as equal partners in the successful development of the company.
We invest in spin-offs of non-core subsidiaries or business units with the goal of working with existing management to successfully continue the business on a stand-alone basis and generate sustainable growth to increase value.
We support family businesses in realizing upcoming changes in their shareholders structures. This includes the continuation of the company with existing or external management or the replacement of individual shareholders.
We provide growth capital to companies with outstanding technologies or services for example expanding production, developing new products, or internationalization.
We invest in companies with outstanding technological expertise and strategic value creation opportunities.
Sector focus – capital goods industry, engineering, software and IT services, technological services, medical technology, chemicals
- Successful positioning – Our companies differentiate themselves through technological products or process advantages in growth markets. They have sustainable entry barriers and typically do not operate in cyclical markets.
- Advanced market life cycle / market leadership potential – Products and services of our portfolio companies provide clear and already established benefits to the customer and therefore a strong market position
- Company size – We are actively looking for companies with a turnover of more than € 10 million (smaller with high growth and / or outstanding technology)
Our investments are always lead by excellent managers who value strategic support. Innovation paired with implementation strength and management experience are the most important prerequisites for success.
Focus on German speaking Europe
We primarily focus on Germany, Austria and Switzerland, but can also invest outside our core regions.
Majority and minority participations
We prefer to invest as majority shareholders but can also take minority positions – especially in growth situations
We typically invest in transactions valued up to € 50 million with our equity investment sweet spot ranging from € 3 – € 15 million. In larger transactions we invest together with partners.